European Commission Press Release
ARRIVAL has been selected by the European Commission as one of the most successful research projects and its results have been presented in a press conference in Brussels on Thursday 15 July 2010 (12:30). The press briefing was given by the spokesperson of Commissioner Neelie Kroes (Vice-President of the European Commission and Commissioner for Digital Agenda). See the EC Press Release issued by the European Commission (and translated in all EU languages).
The news in the media:
- BBC News, 16 July 2010
- Daily Mail, 16 July 2010
- Zebulon.fr, 16 July 2010
- ACM Tech News, 19 July 2010
- TO BHMA - To Vima (in pdf), 23 July 2010
- ATTICA Press, 24 July 2010
Academic & Scientific Excellence Initiative
Christos Zaroliagis (ARRIVAL coordinator) received the prize award 2012 for Academic & Scientific Excellence by the Greek Ministry of Education and Religious Affairs in the field of mathematics and information sciences, for the excellent performance accomplished by the ARRIVAL project. Seven prizes are awarded annually, each one corresponding to a different scientific field (humanities and arts, biosciences, energy and environment, social sciences, engineering sciences, mathematics and information sciences, physical sciences). ARRIVAL was awarded among 68 submissions in the field of mathematics and information sciences (the total number of submissions for the 2012 award prizes exceeded 300).
- ARRIVAL in the Ministry’s excellence initiative, under the title Algorithms of Optimizing Railway Transport (GR)
- Christos Zaroliagis at the 2012 Event of the Academic & Scientific Excellence Initiative organized by the Greek Ministry of Education and Religious Affairs
ARRIVAL in the News/Press
- Greek Newspapers